Since 2012, we have honored our fallen service members by doing every US Military CrossFit Hero WOD on Memorial Day weekend. Through hard work, camaraderie, and community engagement, we remember those who have died in the line of duty. This event is designed to be fun, challenging, and safe. Be smart. Work hard. Remember the Heroes.
Rules and Regulations
- Be Safe! Be Smart! Work Hard! Do Not Use More Weight Than You Can Use Safely! If you have never done a movement/weight before, this is not the time to try it. Coaching will not be provided. You are responsible for your own safety.
- These workouts are incredibly challenging. Many will take more than 30 minutes. Water will be provided on site but please bring any other foods/drinks that you will need to healthfully complete your workouts.
- All participants much check in on site, within 45 minutes of their start time.
- All participants must sign up via the "Workout Reservation Form" on the registration page by 12 p.m. on May 27, 2017.
- Workouts will be assigned on a first come first served basis. Note: only 2 athletes/teams of athletes will be allowed to do each WOD (there will be only two sets of equipment for each hero)
- The cost to participate is $35 and will include a single hero WOD, a commemorative t-shirt and an open invitation to participate in the group Murph.
- For multiple athletes to do one workout as a team, each individual participant must be registered on their own via the registration page. When choosing a workout, please include the full names of all associated participants to in the "Additional Information" box at the bottom of the "Workout Reservation Form." Please note, if you are doing a workout as a coed team, please select the men's Rx weight in the sign up form. Each time slot is allotted one set of equipment so you will have to add/remove weight as needed.
- If you are doing a workout as a team, all team members must share one full set of equipment. Except as prescribed by the workout, multiple bars at varying weights will not be provided. We will provide one set of equipment at either a women's Rx weight or a men's Rx weight - you can always scale down as needed. There will be many workouts happening simultaneously so every bar will be accounted for. Please plan accordingly.
- This event is designed to honor those who have died in the line of duty - not to set PR's. This is not a competition. Come to honor, not to compete.